Join the TeamThe Downtown Athletic Club is committed to providing members with excellent service, facilities and amenities. Our team is one of the major factors that sets the DAC apart. The DAC has a wide variety of employment opportunities within a progressive, team-oriented environment. We are looking for team members who are share the Club’s core values: customer service, communication, relationships, team work and facility.
Ax Billy Grill Server
The Downtown Athletic Club has immediate openings for servers in the Ax Billy Grill. If you love building and maintaining relationships with patrons, have an upbeat and positive personality, and pay attention to detail, we would love to have you join our team.
Servers need prior experience and bartending experience is preferred. Current Food Handlers and OLCC certifications required.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; no drop-ins or phone calls please.
The Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a night custodian.
Hours are graveyard, 9:00 p.m. – 4:30 a.m. Preference will be given to those willing to be on call – at times on short notice as well as available most days of the week. Responsible for cleaning the facility after hours.
Experience preferred but not required. Must be able to pass a background check.
If interested, please email a resume to email@example.com; no drop-ins or phone calls please.
General Maintenance Helper
Job Title: General Maintenance Helper
Department: Maintenance and Facilities
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
The Downtown Athletic Club (DAC), has a 100,000 square foot facility housed in the historic Ax Billy Building. Serving members for over 30 years, the DAC provides a range of services from a fitness facility, conference center, child care center, a full-size baseball court, a restaurant, and juice bar.
In a safe manner, the GMH performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and makes general repairs to commercial property by self-performing general maintenance tasks. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows safety practices, and utilize personal protective clothing and equipment as required by OSHA, at minimum as required by company. Knows the whereabouts of all emergency equipment (i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash and shower stations, first aid supplies, breathing apparatus, etc.) Safely uses hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment. Complies with departmental policy for safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Completes and submits job hazard analysis form prior to performing any maintenance or service work.
- Receives direction from supervisor via verbal or through work order/PM to perform basic maintenance tasks on site. And performs work according to a schedule.
- Assist in all areas of maintenance as needed, including, but not limited to Pool Maintenance, Emergency Repairs, Small Repairs, and Replacement of HVAC Filters.
- Oversee routine maintenance involving Cardio Equipment, Free Weights, Cardio Theater, Lockers, and Lights
- Completes and submits accurate and timely paperwork. (time sheets, notes, Work Orders)
- Maintains cleanliness of front & back of Club with occasional power-washing
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, customer, tenants and coworkers.
- Manages time wisely and remains productive while working independently.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, generally touch ups and repairs
- Assist in maintenance and repairs throughout the Downtown Athletic Club
- Operate scissor or boom lifts to replace light bulbs and to hang banners.
- Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings.
- Maintain maintenance records using PM software
- Keep the facility’s workshop organized
- Performs small projects as assigned.
- Set up and take down events.
- Ladder work required.
High school diploma. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Dress Code: Company issued uniform shirt (black button up), company issued name tag, jeans or khaki shorts in good repair, non-slip closed toe shoes. Employee has the option of wearing a solid black shirt underneath the uniform shirt in long or short sleeves.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newberry Child Care Teacher
Newberry Child Care at the Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a FULL TIME or PART TIME Teacher.
Applicant must have:
- State-awarded Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate or Associate Degree, preference for ECE degrees. (Higher degree preferred.)
- Preschool (ages 3-5) classroom assistant/teaching experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in a certified child care center.
- Minimum three years of previous teaching experience with preschool and Pre-K students.
- Current Pediatric CPR & First Aid certification.
- Current Food Handler’s Card (or have within the first 30 days of hire).
- Completed (or be willing to complete) a Child Abuse and Neglect Class.
- Enrollment in the Child Care Division-Central Background Registry.
- Familiarity with the Oregon Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- Familiarity with Creative Curriculum and different curricula.
- Ability to adapt curricula as needed.
- Strong classroom management.
- Must take 24 hours of continuing education training every year.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Supervising and monitoring of children at all times which includes responding appropriately to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
- Establishing a positive classroom climate.
- Guiding the behavior of children in positive, effective ways.
- Following a consistent schedule which includes small and large group experiences, choice time, music and movement, large and small motor activities, skill development, meals and effective transitions between activities.
- Encouraging experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization and choice making; ask open-ended questions and follow-up questions to promote further learning and thinking.
- Applying Early Childhood Development theory in daily activities, and adapt to the individual needs of children.
- Using Significant decision-making and problem solving abilities.
- Working as a team member collaborating with staff, parents and community resources.
- Maintaining respectful relations and communication with staff, families, children and community.
- Supervising preschool children and ensure a safe environment.
- Responding to events going on at all times in classroom which includes the physical ability to move quickly in order to respond to children who are very active and may need redirection or restraint in order to ensure their safety or the safety of others in the environment.
- Interacting with children at their eye level: e.g. sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Planning and implementing circle activities for an assigned group of children with an aide or co-teacher.
- Supervising meals and snacks to facilitate a relaxed, social mealtime.
- Designing programs and activities that meet the needs of individual children and create a warm, caring environment in which children feel comfortable and secure.
- Keeping the classroom, materials, and supplies neat, clean, and orderly.
- Ensuring the safety of children through constant supervision, effective management of space, proper maintenance of equipment and regular practice of emergency procedures in cooperation with all staff.
- Assisting children to develop independence and problem solving skills through conflict resolution and other appropriate child management techniques.
- Developing a rapport with parents, and keep them informed of children’s progress
- Participating in staff meetings, parent activities, and training activities and conferences as needed.
Email a resume, cover letter, references and answers to the following supplemental questions to email@example.com. Please specify this position on your application or resume.
- What date can you start employment?
- Are there any days and times you cannot work?
- Do you have any other special talents or skills that you could bring to a child care setting?
- Describe your classroom management style.
- What does a successful classroom look like for you?
The Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a part-time receptionist. If you love building and maintaining relationships with patrons, have an upbeat and positive personality, pay attention to detail and portray a professional image, we would love to have you join our team.
Please email response with your resume, cover letter and availability.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Sales Banquet Manager
The Downtown Athletic Club is seeking a professional Sales Banquet Manager who possesses a true passion for hospitality, sales, and event services. The ideal candidate has a friendly demeanor, enjoys building relationships, can multi-task in a timely and effective manner, and demonstrates excellent customer service skills. In addition, the Sales Banquet Manager must be a highly motivated individual, have experience with large corporate and social events, weddings and preferably, has a familiarity with the market in Eugene Oregon.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills
- Creative problem solving ability
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
- Ability to attend local conferences and networking events
- Proven experience prospecting and acquiring new business
- Demonstrated experience supervising and directing employees
- Work with outside vendors for additional sourcing when needed
- Computer proficient and experience using event planning software
- Ability to prepare presentations for possible public speaking events
- Passion for creating positive guest experiences at Conference Center
- Ability to inspire your team to create a memorable experience for guest and members
- Ability to conceptualize, research, plan, prioritize and follow through on initiatives
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals, groups, and organizations in assessing their needs, identifying their interests, and developing plans to meet their goals
- Strong experience with planning, organizing, coordinating, staging, and executing events
- Ability to delegate responsibly for multiple events taking place on one calendar date dates
- Willing and able to work varying shifts, weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed to oversee events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with General Manager to create annual budget
- Accurately produce, execute and record all sales contracts
- Schedule adequate staffing for during multiple events onsite
- Event by event profit and loss analysis to ensure accurate pricing
- Active involvement in peer, community and business networking
- Produce weekly/monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts
- Schedule, supervise and assist staff per each event’s requirements
- Develop partnerships and referral sources to increase quality lead generation
- Build accurate and detailed banquet event orders according to club standards
- Coordinate with Executive Chef regarding all aspects of banquet requirements
- Follow up with clients after events to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings
- Ensure staff receives clear objectives, directions, and schedules, plus feedback for events
- Hire, onboard, train and provide performance reviews with all staff under management
- Build relationships within community in an effort to prospect and acquire new business
- Provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure event and operations align with health and safety regulations and crowd management
- Respond to all client inquires within a 24-hour time period, preferably by end of same business day
- Serve as primary liaison with clients to understand and meet their goals, interests, and plans for events
- Arrange and conduct site tours, special on-site events, and off-site presentations for potential clients
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental procedures
- Create and maintain staff schedules two weeks out and work with F&B managers on effective cross utilization of employees
- Closely communicate with client throughout event planning and during event; conduct exit survey and seek social media recommendation
- Coordinate with General Manager, Executive Chef, Maintenance and custodial on all aspects of event setup, management, operation, and tear down
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Downtown Athletic Club has immediate openings for swimming instructors. We are only recruiting applicants who hold current Lifeguard, 1st Aid & CPA/AED certifications. Applicant must enjoy working with children and have experience instructing swimming.
These part-time positions will have varying afternoon hours.
To apply, please submit resume along with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Interested in Membership?
If you are interested in joining the Downtown Athletic Club, Member Services can schedule a tour of our beautiful facility and answer any of your questions.