Join the TeamThe Downtown Athletic Club is committed to providing members with excellent service, facilities and amenities. Our team is one of the major factors that sets the DAC apart. The DAC has a wide variety of employment opportunities within a progressive, team-oriented environment. We are looking for team members who are share the Club’s core values: customer service, communication, relationships, team work and facility.
Ax Billy Grill Server
The Downtown Athletic Club has immediate openings for servers in the Ax Billy Grill. If you love building and maintaining relationships with patrons, have an upbeat and positive personality, and pay attention to detail, we would love to have you join our team.
Servers need prior experience and bartending experience is preferred. Current Food Handlers and OLCC certifications required.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; no drop-ins or phone calls please.
The Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a night custodian.
Hours are graveyard, 9:00 p.m. – 4:30 a.m. Preference will be given to those willing to be on call – at times on short notice as well as available most days of the week. Responsible for cleaning the facility after hours.
Experience preferred but not required. Must be able to pass a background check.
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; no drop-ins or phone calls please.
Newberry Child Care Teacher
Newberry Child Care at the Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a FULL TIME or PART TIME Teacher.
Applicant must have:
- State-awarded Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate or Associate Degree, preference for ECE degrees. (Higher degree preferred.)
- Preschool (ages 3-5) classroom assistant/teaching experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in a certified child care center.
- Minimum three years of previous teaching experience with preschool and Pre-K students.
- Current Pediatric CPR & First Aid certification.
- Current Food Handler’s Card (or have within the first 30 days of hire).
- Completed (or be willing to complete) a Child Abuse and Neglect Class.
- Enrollment in the Child Care Division-Central Background Registry.
- Familiarity with the Oregon Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- Familiarity with Creative Curriculum and different curricula.
- Ability to adapt curricula as needed.
- Strong classroom management.
- Must take 24 hours of continuing education training every year.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Supervising and monitoring of children at all times which includes responding appropriately to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
- Establishing a positive classroom climate.
- Guiding the behavior of children in positive, effective ways.
- Following a consistent schedule which includes small and large group experiences, choice time, music and movement, large and small motor activities, skill development, meals and effective transitions between activities.
- Encouraging experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization and choice making; ask open-ended questions and follow-up questions to promote further learning and thinking.
- Applying Early Childhood Development theory in daily activities, and adapt to the individual needs of children.
- Using Significant decision-making and problem solving abilities.
- Working as a team member collaborating with staff, parents and community resources.
- Maintaining respectful relations and communication with staff, families, children and community.
- Supervising preschool children and ensure a safe environment.
- Responding to events going on at all times in classroom which includes the physical ability to move quickly in order to respond to children who are very active and may need redirection or restraint in order to ensure their safety or the safety of others in the environment.
- Interacting with children at their eye level: e.g. sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Planning and implementing circle activities for an assigned group of children with an aide or co-teacher.
- Supervising meals and snacks to facilitate a relaxed, social mealtime.
- Designing programs and activities that meet the needs of individual children and create a warm, caring environment in which children feel comfortable and secure.
- Keeping the classroom, materials, and supplies neat, clean, and orderly.
- Ensuring the safety of children through constant supervision, effective management of space, proper maintenance of equipment and regular practice of emergency procedures in cooperation with all staff.
- Assisting children to develop independence and problem solving skills through conflict resolution and other appropriate child management techniques.
- Developing a rapport with parents, and keep them informed of children’s progress
- Participating in staff meetings, parent activities, and training activities and conferences as needed.
Email a resume, cover letter, references and answers to the following supplemental questions to email@example.com. Please specify this position on your application or resume.
- What date can you start employment?
- Are there any days and times you cannot work?
- Do you have any other special talents or skills that you could bring to a child care setting?
- Describe your classroom management style.
- What does a successful classroom look like for you?
The Downtown Athletic Club has an immediate opening for a part-time receptionist. If you love building and maintaining relationships with patrons, have an upbeat and positive personality, pay attention to detail and portray a professional image, we would love to have you join our team.
Please email response with your resume, cover letter and availability.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
The Downtown Athletic Club has immediate openings for swimming instructors. We are only recruiting applicants who hold current Lifeguard, 1st Aid & CPA/AED certifications. Applicant must enjoy working with children and have experience instructing swimming.
These part-time positions will have varying afternoon hours.
To apply, please submit resume along with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Interested in Membership?
If you are interested in joining the Downtown Athletic Club, Member Services can schedule a tour of our beautiful facility and answer any of your questions.